Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Linden offers a budget tip for Plainfield




Budget axe, as conceived by OSHA

Linden's new and independent mayor, Richard Gerbounka, and the City Council have their axes out for the city's proposed budget.

M
ayor Gerbounka has a proposal that seems to me to be ready-made for Plainfield as the Council approaches deliberations on the FY2008 budget.

Gerbounka proposes that Linden cut out all appropriations for the annual League of Municipalities conference held every November in Atlantic City.

According to Gerbounka in today's Ledger --
"There are 53 people from [Linden] listed to go. They range from department heads to people on the planning board. I'm going, but I'm paying my own freight and I think everyone else should do the same," the mayor explained.
Sounds like an admirable move to me.

(I always 'paid my own freight', except for the year I was assigned to the hotel room of former City Administrator Tom Morrison, whose reservation could not be cancelled after his resignation.)

Question is, will the Council put the squeeze on Mayor Robinson-Briggs (and bodyguards) -- and, of course, on themselves. Read more...




Ledger: "Linden officials compete for sharpest budget ax"

-- Dan Damon

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

ARCHIVED POSTS OF PLAINFIELD TODAY FROM 11/03/2005 THROUGH 12/31/2006 ARE AT
http://plainfieldtoday.blogspot.com/

0 comments: