Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Murphy's Revenge



I should know better than to mess with Murphy.

As many readers know, my 3-year-old HP Pavilion laptop has been giving me a little grief lately. It quickly overheats and shuts down, causing me to reboot (several times each morning) and causing you, dear reader, to wonder what the hell is taking Dan so long.

Didn't want to force one of the screws on the fan cover, so decided to go to the PC hospital.

Backed up my email and other essential files for blogging to a drive on the wireless network. Fired up my NEW HP laptop -- less than half the cost, more than three times the power and storage, but that's ANOTHER law.

Took the old machine to the shop.

Started to set up for today's posts, and guess what? -- the backed-up email files (including the address books from which CLIPS is sents) were corrupted and unreadable. And the
GOOD files were where? You know.

Kicked by Murphy.

In the butt.

Shoulda known better.


NOTE: It'll be a couple of days until I get it back and CLIPS can go out again. Sorry. :-(
-- Dan Damon

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then go to the beach for a few days. In fact ask me to join you !!!