Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

That's it! Dan is moving. To Australia.




That's it! Dan is moving to Australia.

Before the pols break out the champagne, let me clarify.

Dan is moving his bulk email to Australia.

Ever since tropical storm Hanna buzzed through last weekend, Comcast's email service has been acting bizarrely.

Comcast's website offers no explanation, and trying to use the online chat service -- Live! In real time, you can chat with a service representative! -- was an exercise in frustration after I sat watching the cursor blink for an hour while I was shown as 'next in line' for a rep. (At least there wasn't elevator music.)

I know I've threatened before, but this time I'm doing it.

If you receive the daily CLIPS email with links to Plainfield Today and the other Plainfield blogs as well as news of interest, after today you will start receiving it in a stylish new form.

Of course, you can always bookmark CLIPS (http://pclips.blogspot.com/) and Plainfield Today (http://ptoday.blogspot.com/) and the others, but isn't it nice to have them all at your fingertips?

To Comcast: See ya later!

To my readers: See ya tomorrow!


-- Dan Damon

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Down Under, the land where beer does flow and men chunder (it means to throw up), eh? (Oh right, that's Canadians who say "eh?"). Given your views on politics, among other subjects, walking upside down might lead to refreshing results. I'd rather you stay here and run for Mayor next year.

Bill Michelson

Anonymous said...

I knew it, as I hear you ... yes you, Dan Damon on the BBC World Report over night on WYHY-FM 91 [a NPR station in Philly, able to be picked up in Central Jersey]

Dan said...

Thanks, Bill. Are you saying I should stand on my head and run for mayor? Now, that would be interesting.

Dan said...

Yes, I sometimes hear myself reporting in from somewhere in the Middle East while I am busy composting (sic) the blogs. Do you know how hard it is to be in two places at once? Talk about multi-tasking!!! ;-)