Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Plainfield Today is 4. What is the appropriate gift?



Plainfield Today is four years old (see the very first of 1932 posts so far here).

Here are some suggestions derived from the 'modern gifts' table at findgift.com (see here), which says 'APPLIANCES' are just the thing for a fourth anniversary.

What do you think is the appropriate marker for PT's fourth?

BLENDER



To frappé factoids, rumoroids and a sprinkling of questionable question marks
into a tasty and non-fattening house blend.



KEY ORGANIZER



For keeping track of City Hall leaks, tips, and locked-away secrets.


TICKLER FILE



Helping cross-reference the City website's calendar (fact and fiction),
legal notices and other items of interest.



ROBO VAC



Cleaning up behind the Administration's fractured facts and broken promises.




REGISTER YOUR VOTE IN THE POLL IN THE RIGHT-HAND COLUMN.



-- Dan Damon

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. And I look forward to many, many more.

active citizen said...

Thanks for the good work and hard work.

Rob said...

"snicker"... I am trying to behave for at least a couple of days. I wish Plainfield Today a Happy Birthday and will not comment more ( yes, I am chewing on my tongue, but I am trying to give our local power bosses time to prove they have learned a lesson or two about governance )

Dan said...

Rob -- Why behave? I'm not (or am I?, sometimes I get confused -- like brown sox, blue sox...)

And Active Citizen, thank you and hang in there...I have a feeling the Connolly mess will get sorted out OK for tenants, with a little help from your friend in the Courts -- no thanx to our Illustrious Leader.

Anonymous said...

how about just a good ol' shot of tequila with salted rim and lime to lessen up the pain of "4 more years" of the same administration.

Maria Pellum, Plainfield Resident said...

Happy Birthday Plainfield Today!

Let there be health, money, and lots of lots of "leaks" so we can all continue to enjoy Plainfield Today!

Rob said...

Ok Ok Ok ... the robo vac !! I knew it when I read it...but I didn't say it... the robo vac!
Plus, I wrote a letter to the editor announcing my displeasure. I may have been trying to be good, but the moment the election results were announced I did it. Not my NORMAL venomous work, but close. I am sure it will be there tomorrow or the next day!!
ROBO VAC !!

Anonymous said...

WE ARE ALL SO CLAD YOU TOOK THIS RETIREMENT HOBBY OF BLOGGING. WITHOUT YOU WE WOULD NEVER GET ALL THE NEWS AND VIEWS OF PLAINFIELD. THANK YOU. I WISH YOU MANY MORE YEARS OF HAPPY BLOGGING

Anonymous said...

How about a Bail Out of several million $$'s ?

Dan said...

@ 7:01 AM -- Not BILLIONS???
Piker! (Actually, I can be bought for homemade cookies....)

Keep reading, and hope you enjoy the next 4 years!

...and THANK YOU, TOO, 10:29 PM.