Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Christie and Obama made Dan do it

 
Putting together the Plainfield Today and CLIPS blogs takes several hours of my time every day.

For a long time I was happy to do it without any thought of compensation, despite the repeated offers of several readers to make contributions.

However, actions by Gov. Christie and President Obama have made me rethink that position.

For two years now, I, along with millions of others on Social Security, have not received the promised cost-of-living increase (which is pegged to inflation) even though my cost of goods and services has continued to go up.

With Gov. Christie's new pension and benefits reforms, current pensioners (of which I again am one) will receive no further cost-of-living increases to their pensions, period. However modest those pensions may be, and believe me mine is m-o-d-e-s-t.

So, what's a blogger to do?

Some time ago, I added discreet advertising offered through Google's Adsense, which brings in a modest check every couple of months (thanks to those clicks!).



Now, those who want can throw some change in the hat.
Now, I have added a 'DONATE' button on the CLIPS blog, giving those who have said they would like to throw some change in the hat a way to do so.

Contributions may be made in any amount by credit or debit card and will be credited to me by PayPal.

It is an honor to provide CLIPS and Plainfield Today for your reading pleasure, and I thank you for your generosity.

Song requests may also be tossed in the hat.




-- Dan Damon [follow]

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe..

1 comments:

juggler314 said...

So the question is, in the face of the indisputable need for SS reform (as well as other programs)...is not getting "promised" COLA increases really a think to complain about. Many of my age (36) and younger don't know whether we are even going to partake in anything, or a system that's even close to what it is now. I know full well I will not be getting out of it anywhere near what several generations of my precursors did. I would say probably I wont collect until I'm 70, and it'll be at 75% of the current benefits.