Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Monday, July 2, 2012

Help Spivey & Cooke find the best pizza


New pizzeria's promo postcard arrived Saturday.
 
Plainfielders are invited to join the Courier's ace reporter Mark Spivey and columnist Jay Jefferson Cooke in tracking down the best slice of pizza in New Jersey.

Called 'Slice of Heaven', the contest involves the two in tracking down assorted pies in central Jersey and writing up their evaluations in the paper.

There must be pizza in the air, because Saturday's mail brought along a large and mouthwatering postcard promo for a new pizzeria at 715 Park Avenue -- Little Caesars.

Time was Dan considered pizza one of the four basic food groups, and I still relish a good slice (though I'm considered weird for liking a few anchovies on it), but becoming diet-conscious has meant a little reining in on the carb calories.

Check out the stories and forward your recommendations to Mark and Jay.


-- Dan Damon [follow]

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

weird for liking anchovies on top? Are you kidding me? Those little critters are the "X" factor, for a slice of pie. You're hangin' with the wrong crowd, Dan.

The pizza hunt will serve my interests, as in the six years or so that I've lived in town, I've never found a good pizzeria! The horror........

Bob said...

I havent' tried the Little Ceasar's not far from my house, but the loud music all day Sat. was not an inducement for me to go, as it disturbed people for blocks. I still like Italian Village on South Ave., and Ferraro's in the Twin City mini mall. The last Little Ceasar's I had was years ago and tasted like cardboard. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

I went to Little Ceasar's yesterday and I ordered a pepperoni pizza. After I paid for the pizza, the cashier went inside the storage area that keeps the pizza warm and handed me my pizza. I couldn't believe how fast it was ready. I thought they made the pizza right after you order it. When I arrived home, the pizza wasn't good because of the fact that it was sitting in the storage area. I guess that explains why the pizza didn't cost much. I got what I paid for. I'll stick to the Domino's Pizza place on East 2nd Street in Scotch Plains.

Anonymous said...

We have had two readers recommend Italian Village so far, and Bob makes three! I expect to be visiting before long.. -Mark

Anonymous said...

You need to try Casanova at Park and Front

Rebecca Williams said...

Italian Village's pizza is awesome--I only get it plain, though--pure cheese pizza--the guys are great as well!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Def. Italian Village - Joe and his crew are top notch!

Anonymous said...

I think ferraros pizza in the twin city parking lot is the best.there grilled chicken caser salad is the best .and there pizza is out of this world

Anonymous said...

Rodolfo's on Sampton Ave in South Plainfield is delicious!

Anonymous said...

Speaking on behalf of myself, my wife, and many friends and relatives both local and from far away, it's Bruno's on Park in South Plainfield.