Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Friday, January 18, 2013

Gunfire Thursday evening


Muzzle flashes can be seen at night.
 
While we hear nothing about the progress of the ShotSpotter installation, Plainfield
seems not to lack for gunfire.

Coming out of the Twin City supermarket Thursday evening about 9:30 PM, I heard the distinct pop-pop-pop of gunfire coming from somewhere to the northwest of the 7th and Park location. As I drove down West 7th Street past Madison Avenue, I could see that the police had West 5th Street blocked off at Madison Avenue.

A few minutes later, getting out of my car in my own driveway, I heard another gunshot fired. This one seemed to be coming from the direction of Plainfield Avenue and West 4th Street.

Would be nice to have some official news or updates, wouldn't it?



-- Dan Damon [follow]

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRING BACK THE CHIEF OF POLICE POSITION
THIS DIRECTOR POSITION HAS TO GO.

Anonymous said...

Dan, I was told they were testing the ShotSpotter system. Now wouldn't that be ironic?

Anonymous said...

I don't know, but I do know that on Saturday they were shooting over in the Carlton, Putnam Avenue Area. My cousin was afraid because her son was on his way home walking from his grandmothers house. She asked him if he heard the gun shots he replied yes and I ran staight home. You never hear about all that goes on in this city.

OB3 said...

I too called 911 after hearing the shots and was informed by the operator that they were doing tests, which I assumed were on the failed shotspotter system. Wouldn't that information been good to distribute beforehand so that my kids weren't afraid to go to sleep last night? Oh wait, this is Plainfield under the Robinson-Briggs admin.. nevermind.

Anonymous said...

Dan,

I live on West 8th and heard over 15 shots fired over a period of ten minutes. Not sure where they were coming from, but it was pop pop pop...pop pop pop...pop...pop pop pop pop long delay then one last pop. Did not hear any sirens or speeding cars but clearly some sort of shoot out was going on. Even my mother heard them and she is 89. Just glad it did not come down this way. Scary and I was looking for something on the news today.