Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Tasty Cheese comes to the Strand


New eatery on East Front Street.
 

Plainfield's newest eatery is coming. Caught this sign-maker's truck Friday mounting an illuminated sign on the front of the former Strand Theater on East Front Street, now to become home to an eatery to be known as Tasty Cheese.

So at least the commercial kitchen installed there a couple of years ago but never (to my knowledge) used will get  workout. But what about the old arcade and pinball machines?


  -- Dan Damon [follow]

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks classy....

Virginia said...

Sadly , I remember The Strand Theater from my childhood as a beautiful theater where I saw Bambi and other Disney classics .Even more sadly I guess the hope of seeing it turn into the center of an Arts District is gone . I wish our administration would look to Rahway for inspiration to revitalize our downtown.