Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A remarkable story for Election Day


Hillary Clinton at a Michigan rally.

Over the weekend I had a remarkable conversation with my 89-year-old stepmother.

She told me she is voting for Hillary Clinton for president.

What is remarkable is that in the sixty-three years I have known this woman, she has always been a staunch Republican.

Whether in Connecticut, where she raised my sisters; in Arizona where she worked at "the Big A"; or in Florida, where she and my dad retired, she always registered and voted Republican.

So, what led to her decision in 2016?

"I just think Clinton is more presidential," she said. "She will be a strong, intelligent leader, and she is a unifier, not a 'hater'."

"And of course she will be the first woman president."

Not a bad list. Not bad at all.

I will be voting for the Column A team -- from Hillary Clinton at the top to Rebecca Williams and (since I live in the 3rd Ward) Charles McRae for Council.

The "A" Team.

The polls are open from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Do not miss your chance to make history!

And come join us at Democratic HQ after the polls close. 32 Watchung Avenue (next to Antojito's Restaurant).


  -- Dan Damon [follow]
View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

0 comments: