Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Back from another stay at JFK


View of the former soccer fields between Randolph Road
(foreground) and Stelle Avenue (rear) after a flood.
The County's new artificial turf field will open this year.

 
You have to wonder if Someone is trying to send me a message.

Breathing problems led my doctor to admit me to JFK (again) on March 27. It was to be a two-day observation, but dragged out until Friday evening, when I was finally tossed out.

(Once again, Assemblyman Green was seen to be a patient on the same cardiac ward where I was.)

As always, I have nothing but good words for the medical care and the nursing staff at JFK -- competent, thorough and caring, with plenty of good humor and even a little sass. Perfect for recuperating. I can only apologize that my readmission counts as a mark against them in their annual evaluations; it's not their fault.

Now that things are  in better shape, I'll get back to blogging.

Speaking of blogging, what HAS happened to blogging in Plainfield?

Olddoc gets a silver star for plugging away and Councilor Williams puts up some timely posts, but most everyone else seems to have faded into the background.

Have we reached the Promised Land in Plainfield? Is there nothing to comment on, nothing that needs improving? Is everything being done and said that can be done and said?

Or is Facebook becoming the outlet of choice?

I'll be exploring some of the questions, so stay tuned.



  -- Dan Damon [follow]
View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

0 comments: